Domicile of Da' KRUsader's Mind Crafts…

Anugerah Planet Muzik 2008: The Nominees…

No, I did not attend the press conference at Hard Rock Cafe, Singapore nor the simultaneous event at Desa Sri Hartamas, Kuala Lumpur to provide information nor photographs of the goings-on. Armed with the radio by my side, I typed this entry as news from both events filtered through the airwaves thanks to the roving reports by RZ who was at Hard Rock Cafe and Adi Rahman, who is now in Kuala Lumpur.

As we all know by now, this event is into its 8th year and this will be the second time that the event is going offshores, after the one that was held at Stadium Tertutup Bukit Jalil in 2003. This time around, the event will be held at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre Exhibition Halls 1 & 2 on Sunday 20th April 2008. This will also mark the first time that the event will be held on a Sunday night as previously it was either done on a Friday or Saturday night, with the exception of 2004 when it was held in midweek due to the initial clash with Ma’al Hijrah. Amazing I can remember all these facts huh??? Well it’s definitely one event I look forward to religiously (I hope I don’t sound blasphemous by using this word) every year.

The following list below is by no means the final one since I typed it out as they were being announced on air. Definitely I must have missed out on a few and I will update the necessary in due time when I get my hands on the actual list and when I start to make my annual predictions on the winners. So without further ado, here are the nominees of the various categories of Anugerah Planet Muzik 2008:

Artis Lelaki Baru Terbaik (Best New Male Artiste):

6. Kekasih Gelapku – Ungu
  7. Ketahuan – Matta
  8. Lelaki Ini – Anuar Zain
  9. Menghapus Jejakmu – PeterPan
  10. Nakal – Gigi
  11. Perlu Kamu – Ajai & Kris Dayanti
  12. Sembunyi – Misha & Andy (Flop Poppy)

Artis Singapura Paling Popular (Most Popular Singapore Artiste):

7. Masanya – Sleeq
  8. Padamkan Cerita Cinta Kita – Syed Azmir
  9. Sampai Di Sini – Merah Feat. Herliana
  10. Sayang-Sayang – Aliff Aziz
  11. Seribu Kenangan – Didicazli
  12. Seribu Tahun – Imran Ajmain

For those who are able to help me out with some of the categories that I might have missed out, by all means, please leave your comments in my comment box.

Privately I am unhappy that it has chosen to go across the Causeway, bearing in mind how the media over there have slated the event for the past 2 years. And for the fact that the Singapore awards were given out during the commercial breaks when it was last held there in 2003. That’s not forgetting the supposed pre-show we had last year. I don’t have to explain more as it was widely reported. I just hope this year will be much better and our artistes would be given their chance to strut their stuff over there without being edited away. And please, no repeat / recycled performances like last year…

It’s looking more and more ominous that I might not be able to attend APM2008 this time around due to the various happenings in my life, a long-standing record which would most probably be broken this year. Though it has to be said that deep down, I am still hanging on to some minute hope that I might be able to make it this year cos I tell you, it’s no fun watching it on television after experiencing the last seven APMs live in the flesh. Any kind souls out there willing to be my Messiah???

Advertisements

32 responses

1. Raihan

Hi, thanks for the list..just wondering if you know how we can vote? Thanks.

Wednesday, 27 February 2008 at 00:29

2. The forms are available in Manja if you are a Singaporean and if you are in Malaysia, I think it’s either in URTV or Media Hiburan…

Wednesday, 27 February 2008 at 09:38

3. Mai

is there an entrance fee to the event ? open to public? A group of singaporean wants me to find out.. can help?

Wednesday, 27 February 2008 at 15:30

4. Like previous APMs, you need to purchase tickets to enter the event. And most definitely it is open to public. However, news on when and where to buy the tickets is still not out yet.

Thursday, 28 February 2008 at 01:45

5. Raihan

Thanks, but I’m not in Singapore or Malaysia..is there any other way?

Thursday, 28 February 2008 at 03:23

6. I’m afraid it’s only open to those in Malaysia, Singapore or Indonesia… That is as far as I know. For more info, pls visit http://www.ria.sg or http://www.warna.sg.

Friday, 29 February 2008 at 00:04

Hady Mirza
    Syed Azmir
    Taufik Batisah

Lagu Singapura Popular (Most Popular Singapore Song):

Berserah – Taufik Batisah
    Sayang-Sayang – Aliff Aziz

this some of a ppl i thik can win apm

Tuesday, 4 March 2008 at 18:31

8. sutramaya

i really adore Dato ct will win many categories.. trust me!!!
    anyone can’t beat her record best singer in dis asian stage.. cayalah Dato ct.. muahzz

Monday, 17 March 2008 at 12:32

9. ericnarendra

I vote for D’Cinnamons as Best New Duo / Group!!! ^^

Thursday, 27 March 2008 at 21:25

10. Nur

hi. i would like to know where can i get the tickets at KL?? and how much does it cost?? and also can i get the ticket on the day itself at the entrance??

Saturday, 29 March 2008 at 01:19

11. I’m sorry I have no clues as to what is going on over in KL. Maybe Radio ERA would be having quizzes so that lucky winners are able to attend. Other than that, I’m not sure as I don’t work for any of the organising parties. Sorry…

Saturday, 29 March 2008 at 10:06

12. lalala

aku x puas ati sbb KAER AZAMI x tercalon sbb dia lg best n power drpd 5 finalist best new male artist 2….. diorg 2 harap popular jeeee…

Tuesday, 1 April 2008 at 09:57

13. Biasalah… APM ni selalunya ramai tak puas hati dgn pencalonan yg dibuat. Tapi yg pilih semuanya juri dari 3 negara yg terdiri dari penyanyi mapan, penerbit, wartawan, dj radio. Nak tau jugak kriteria yg diorg cari kan? kan? kan? 🙂

Tuesday, 1 April 2008 at 22:14

14. fafa

taw tk sape2 yg akan perform pada malam apm nnti?

Wednesday, 2 April 2008 at 19:10

15. From what I’ve heard so far:

Dari Singapore: Taufik Batisah

Dari Malaysia: Farah Asyikin, Meet Uncle Hussein, Elyana, Faizal Tahir

Dari Indonesia: Kris Dayanti, Bunga Citra Lestari

More to come… Watch this space…

Wednesday, 2 April 2008 at 23:20

16. moga2 artis2 indonesia kembali merajai APM 2008 ini! dan APM ini semakin berkualitas azza…….??

Friday, 4 April 2008 at 19:00

17. indi

Most Indonesians don’t even know the existence of APM, let alone vote. The nomination always amazed me (in bad sense). Looks like the juries have limited knowledge of who’s who in Indonesian music scene. I don’t see Andra and the Backbone, Judika, Maliq and d’Essentials, Tompi and some other big names on the APM list. They might not be popular yet in Malaysia and Singapore, but at least they deserve to be included in the ” best” category. And they put Matta, She, Ussy Sulistyawati and The Titans in the best newcomer category? This must be a joke. Thank God, they don’t nominate Kangen Band.
    Sorry for the harsh comment, but that is my most honest opinion.

Monday, 7 April 2008 at 07:25

18. Dy

One question on Most Popular Song in Singapore. Why is Didicazli nominated? That Seribu Kenangan of his is not even his song. I know that many people are not aware that it is LIN JUN JIE’s ORIGINAL song; only that he changed it to malay.

So does it mean that if this Didi guy takes all songs from different languages and turn it to Malay, calling it HIS OWN, he could be nominated for the BEST SINGER or BEST ALBUM or whatever.

Wake up guys, this is stealing. How can he be even noimnated?

This can cause a huge stir between him and Lin Jun Jie’s fans. Cos even if that song wins, it not him, it’s Lin Jun Jie.

Monday, 7 April 2008 at 07:53

19. Azmi Samdjaga

HI,

Could someone help me find out where I can go to obtain tickets and all information on this Anugerah Planet Musik, which will be held here in KL?

Is there an official website where I can see all this information?

Thank you.

Azmi

Tuesday, 8 April 2008 at 00:46

20. Hi Azmi,

There is no official website of APM2008. However you can go to the website of the organisers http://www.ria.sg or http://www.warna.sg to get official info on the nominees and where the event is held.

As far as I know, tickets are not sold, esp here in Singapore where they have given them out for free for the past few weeks. Since Radio ERA is working closely with the organisers, I believe they might be giving out tickets as well over the next two weeks…

Tuesday, 8 April 2008 at 09:22

21. Lineker

emmm untuk kategori tebaik juri yang pilih kan??? bukan undi.. kategori popular baru undi kan… btul ke ni… harap harap farah ayikin menang.. luv her…

Thursday, 10 April 2008 at 14:18

22. Betul sangkaan awak… Yang terbaik selalunya dipilih juri walaupun tiap kali diperdebatkan bila keputusan diumumkan. I pun suka Farah Asyikin, tapi yang lain2 dalam kategorinya juga tak kurang hebatnya… Kita harapkan yang terbaik…

Thursday, 10 April 2008 at 15:30

23. ken

i just to watch meetunclehussain but there’s no info where to get the ticket
    no info for malaysia at the ria’s website 😦

Saturday, 12 April 2008 at 18:05

24. Try ERA Ken… Cos nxt week they will have on air quizzes for u to win tickets to the show…

Sunday, 13 April 2008 at 01:58

25. mr hacker

i am boring, every year the winner . sebab tiap tahun winner siti , padahal album siti ngak bagus seller nya. kalau tiap tahun winner tak berubah,berarti ini award tak maju maju. kalau album seller bagus, arrasemen bagus, performance artis good. itu baru winner, kalau siti always winner, ini bukan APM but ASM; “Anugerah Siti Muzik: aja.
    kalau bisa siti jangan masukan ke Nominasi BORINGGGG AWAK

Monday, 14 April 2008 at 11:27

26. I think you’ve lost the plot there. Album sellernya nggak bagus tak semestinya album itu nggak bagus, ataupun populariti penyanyi itu telah menjunam. It’s all about quality and Siti is not the number one singer in Msia for nothing. So are you commenting based on facts, figures or out of mere jealousy??? 🙂

Monday, 14 April 2008 at 16:10

27. aliv

apm kali ni rasanya tida kejutan, mcm x best je

Tuesday, 15 April 2008 at 02:07

28. min

hi pujangga malam,nampaknya APM ni belum mula pun lagi tapi dah ada macam2 ketidakpuasan hati.I don’t know who nominated the artistes,but I personally feel that the nomination should be done by the juries from their own countries.

Thursday, 17 April 2008 at 21:28

29. The respective recording companies yang hantar the albums untuk dinilai. Yang membuat penilaian adalah wartawan, dj radio, pemuzik, penggubah dan sebagainya dari ketiga2 negara. Kesemua nominasi adalah hasil kata sepakat oleh para juri. Biasalah kalau dah namanya majlis penganugerahan, mesti ada yang tak puas hati, bukan saja APM…

Thursday, 17 April 2008 at 23:22

30. I dont really like Anugerah Musik Indonesia (AMI) this year, but I think its much better than APM.
    I dont even know the APM nominee outside Indonesia…they are not popular here…so how can they win those awards?
    If they have a great talent, why cant they make a great success here (in Indonesia)?
    I think somethings wrong here..lets see..will the result of APM this year be different? at least not disappointed..hopefully

Sunday, 20 April 2008 at 20:10

31. kurosawa

what about imran ajmain…..have we forgot about him?he ‘s talented ok….

Sunday, 20 April 2008 at 20:44

32. yaya

I harap pada tahun hadapan (2009), can pihak penganjur menampilkan artist-artist wanita yg lain pula selain daripada Siti Nurhalizah. She has been performing for almost every year. Kenapa tidak pihak penganjur memberi peluang artist lain utk membuat persembahan jadi ada juga kelainan nyer pada setiap APM yg di adakan. Ini tidak, hampir tiap2 tahun SN mesti ada buat persembahan, jelak tau. Lagi pula, kalau betul pihak penganjur ingin mempertingkatkan industry musik di nusantara ini, then do the changes! Tampilkan bakat2 lain yg ada but not the same old faces!!! Honestly, I’m abit disappointed to see esp. SN to perform EVERY year on the APM stage. Sorry guys I’m just being frank!

Monday, 21 April 2008 at 17:01